I’m sure from the title you will be wondering what’s the difference, well, there’s a difference between prints and pattern. Print is a design being printed on while Pattern is a model that can be woven or repeated into different materials and styles. For example, my palazzo in this post is a print because the shapes and design on it was printed upon the layer of the fabric and it is distinct while, the shirt I’m putting on is a pattern (stripes, which can also be seen here) woven and is repeated into different fabrics and styles.
Back to today’s outfit, here are
Tips on how to mix prints and pattern perfectly
– Large plus small in terms of pattern size and body size: The designs on the prints and patterns to be mixed should be big + small, not big+big or small+small
– Mix prints of different scales: Here, I chose to mix stripes because this print pant is the less dominant one while the stripe is more dominant, as it has bold colors and designs.
Related: How To Style Prints To Work
– Choose items that share a main color: The items to be paired should have a similar color. Here, blue and white is the main color, as both the top and pants have the colors in them
– Play with size. When mixing prints, you can choose different sizes, make the shirt big, while the other fitted, or make both wears big like here, I chose the shirt and pant to be baggy (not everyone can pull this off, so the former is better)
– Add a diversion: To avoid it being too streamlined, add a diversion; it could be in form of earrings, belt, bags.etc, which is the reason for my black mini-bag.
– Last but not the least, Confidence. Following these tips is not complete without you being confident about your style and outfit. Once you believe you look good, everyone does same.
Palazzo pants : @moonwalker_official (IG)
Shoes: Madden Girl
P.S: These tips can also be applied to mixing prints on prints or pattern on pattern.
Are you a mixer? What other things do you consider when mixing prints and patterns? Do share below 🙂