Like I promised in my last post here, this is a post about self-worth, knowing your self-worth goes a long way in discovering yourself, tackling depression(like I discussed here ) and so much more.
Self Worth, Self Esteem, Self Love all mean the same thing and that’s what we all have been trying to do and constantly remind ourselves, but do we really know how to Love ourselves in Christ?. That’s what God wants, not looking for love in worldly things. Most people remember to love themselves and their worth when things go bad and start looking for it in other things and ways apart from Christ, which is though good but non-lasting. We love ourselves Physically but forget to love ourselves in Christ.
Self Worth has to do with a whole lot of things, which includes:
– Right Attitude/Mentality: Believe in yourself, have the right mentality. Jesus didn’t die for you to be a mediocre or think bad of yourself. HE saw something valuable in you to die for, always try to remember that things may not look /feel right, but that doesn’t mean you should sell yourself short. You don’t need to think much of what people say or think about you.
– Recognize the Battle to Fight: Most people always feel the need to prove themselves and worth to people and that’s wrong, not all the time prove that you are right, sometimes let them think what they want, not you fighting a battle with them that might cause you something more precious. Sometimes let sleeping dogs lie.
Proverbs 20:3 says it all: It is an honor for a man to keep from fighting, but the foolish are ever at war.
It’s hard sometimes, but you just gotta do it.
– Self Comparison: This is something we are all guilty of, either consciously or unconsciously. Comparing ourselves to others, wanting so bad to be them.etc. Some use it as a way of building-up themselves but that’s doing it in a wrong way.
The grass may look greener on the other Side but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have to be Mowed.
– Playing Up to People: There is a statistic that says that out of the 100% of people you meet in life:
25% – will never like you, no matter how you persuade them to.
25%- can be persuaded to like you.
25%- will like you and can be persuaded not to.
25%- will stand by you no matter what.
Playing up to people is seeking and looking for people’s approval, sacrificing your identity to people that may not care about you or your feelings.
– Being Content: You’ve to be content with what you have in terms of material, spiritual gifts, talents, skills. Don’t be jealous, instead Appreciate what the person has and God can give you yours if need be. Never think what you’ve is useless or not good enough, it might not make any meaning now, but trust me God didn’t put something less in you.
1 Corinthians 12:6-7 : And there are different operations, but the same God, who is working all things in all. But to every man some form of the Spirit’s working is given for the common good.
Self Worth is a journey to Self Discovery because sometimes we forget who we are and our worth and do certain things.
Never get into the petty habit of measuring your Self Worth with other people’s Net Worth. – Robin.S. Sharma.
NOTE TO SELF:
– Let your Life answer your critics.
– Learn not to make a big deal out of things you shouldn’t.
– Know the battles to fight.
– Not Everyone will like you.
– Not everyone’s Opinion counts, God’s Only.
Hope you have a lovely day and weekend Ahead! Don’t forget to Comment and Share. What’s your take on self-worth? I will like to know what you think
Remember SHARING IS KINGING!