Hey Diary Keepers, how’s the Anti-Carbonate Therapy going? Mine is going quite well, though I took a drink or two but steady-we-go! I have been getting a lot of positive feedbacks from people, and I am so glad its working out and if you haven’t started, it’s never late to start, know all about it HERE
I am a Lipstick Junkie, constantly on the search for new colours and mix to try on and this post is going to be one of many episodes of this series. So today, we will be talking about:
Most of we ladies, have a bunch of lipsticks lying in our beauty bags, some that we wear all the time, others that we don’t touch at all. Most of us wear only one lipstick and the remaining just decorates and adds to our lipstick collection. Finding a Lip colour can be like a treasure hunt because with the endless palette of lipsticks, gloss and stains, the make-up counter can be quite over-whelming, especially that moment when you fall in love with a lipstick you saw on someone or at the store, but when you tried it on, it just didn’t work -__- .
So, here are ways of finding your lip colour, you could have more than 1, so say an end to sticking to just one lipstick!
1.) IDENTIFY YOUR UNDERTONE: Knowing your Undertone is one of the ways to finding your lip colour as everyone has either a yellow, pink or neutral undertone. One of the quickest ways of finding your undertone is to look at the veins on your wrist.
– Blue Veins means you’ve got a Pink Undertone.
– Green Veins means you’ve got a Yellow Undertone.
– Neutral Undertone has both green and blue or are between the colours green and blue. which means you can basically wear any lip colour.
i.) Gold-Silver Test: Try on a gold and a silver jewellery (bracelet, earring, necklace),ignoring your personal preference and see which one looks better or suits you perfectly.
– Silver Jewellery looks best on Pink Undertones
– Gold Jewellery looks best on Yellow Undertones.
ii.) Natural Lighting Test: Examine your skin under natural light with a mirror to determine your complexion and concentrate on the skin around your jaw line, as knowing your complexion helps in knowing your lip colour.
– Fair Skin Tones have a great deal with bold red and deep colours and also avoid too light colours or any colour with a yellow undertone, as one can look washed out.
– Olive Skin Tones are usually the neutral undertones, so its hard to go wrong with lip colours. so all you have to do is look at your outfit and determine the lip shade.
– Darker Skin Tones are on the go with deep plums, berries and deep red. Deeper shades look more naturally flattering.
2.) KNOW THE SHADES TO WORK WITH: After identifying your undertone, you need to know the perfect shades to work with.
– Pink Undertones can stick with colours that have purple or shades of blue in them.
– Yellow Undertones can stick with warmer colours.
Mine is Dark Purple, Black and colours that have shades of purple in them, so what’s yours?
Nude is the all-time and go-to lip colour everyone and anyone can use, but finding the right shade of nude can be quite difficult, as I am on that search myself (Next Beauty Post will be on this).
Hope this post was of great help to you, I would definitely want to know your lip colour and how the search went. Have a Great Week!
AND THROUGH THIS HE HAS GIVEN US THE HOPE OF GREAT REWARDS HIGHLY TO BE VALUED; SO THAT BY THEM WE MIGHT HAVE OUR PART IN GOD’S BEING, AND BE MADE FREE FROM THE DESTRUCTION WHICH IS IN THE WORLD THROUGH THE DESIRES OF THE FLESH. – 2 Peter 1:4.